Saturday, February 20, 2010

2/16-2/20

February 16, 2010

How do I celebrate Mardi Gras?  Bookclub of course!  Every 3rd Tuesday I meet with a great group of ladies at Panera Bread to discuss our latest selection.  I've been in charge of this group for over a year now and a member for even longer.  I love the diversity of the group, there are always so many intriguing ideas and perspectives.

February 17, 2010
I got to spend another day in Alex's class.  Today the 2's class had pink shaving cream with glitter in the sensory table.  Alex had a blast playing with the shaving cream.  I'm so glad he can experience things like that, and especially glad that it's at school and not home! Here he is with his main girl, Demi. :)

February 18, 2010
Alex discovered the SI Swim Suit Edition laying on the table today.  It actually distracted him from his lunch! He spend quite a bit of time perusing the addition.  He did end up with his favorites, the girl in the net, the girl with the snake, and the green M&M taking off her shell!

Thursday also means that it's Church night for Katie and me.  Here is a shot of my students.  We made pancakes as an example of a lenten meal and also made "Lent Bags." I have a great group of 7 kids.


February 19, 2010
Today was a teacher work day, so that meant Katie did not have school.  It was the perfect opportunity for a playdate with a classmate.  After dropping Alex off at school, we picked up Kaia. The girls had a great time playing and easily included Alex once he got home. They had fun riding bikes and scooters outside.

February 20, 2010
Don worked over time today, so that left the kids and I with a morning to ourselves. This is one of the first times the kids have been able to play a game by themselves.  Here's a shot of them playing "Guess Who?"  We also played Sorry Sliders together, but then they wanted to play a game without Mom.  After playing games we baked banana bread. It's been a busy morning.  Wonder what trouble we will get into once Don is home!

1 comment:

  1. Hey I think I know people in your book club! That looks like Lara Garrabrant in the grey sweatshirt :) I was in a playgroup with her for years.

    ReplyDelete